I tried this tonal exercise that Conann showed us. By scribbling in black and white on the background and then framing six areas and trying to see an image in each panel. I guess maybe it’s because I was watching this
while drawing that I saw organic creatures and landscapes while drawing.
1. A weird below angle of an eel swimming across the surface of a pond or river. with some weeds growing from the riverbed.
2. A close up of a dinosaur or dragon’s eye.
3. A shot of a river with a tree or old castle on the left
4. A dramatic shot of an owl flying.
5. A large marine predator like a liophleurodon or mesosaur
6. Someone reaching into a dimly lit pool of water.