To make an eyeball for the face (mostly to make the whole think look less creepy), I created a sphere, and created a small depression in the front faces to make the pupil. I then created a second sphere within the first one, but made it slightly larger and lowered the transparency (it is barely visible in the image). I added a blinn to give it the glossy shine.
I began by extruding the upper edges of the eye, and then added a sphere with 18 subdivisions that would soon form the cranium. (also, in the following image you will see that I added more edge loops and cuts along the muscle beside the nose. I did this to help fix the issues of having so many triangles.)
It was also at this point that I mirrored the geometry and combined it. At this point I was able to add asymmetry to the face, making it more natural looking.